Policy Advisors work at the heart of Government playing an important role in developing policy and helping to achieve the Treasury’s goals. Policy Advisers work on a specific area of economic or financial policy.
As a Policy Adviser, your work will involve:
- Researching, analysing and evaluating complex data;
- Working with other government departments, external organisations and individuals;
- Responding to questions from MPs and members of the public; and
- Writing briefings and speeches for Ministers and senior managers.
HM Treasury’s primary objective is to be an effective economics and finance ministry.
As an economics ministry, HM Treasury seeks to:
- Promote macroeconomic stability and maintain confidence in the macro policy framework
- Promote stability, fairness, efficiency and competitiveness in financial markets
- Promote sustainable economic growth
As a finance ministry, HM Treasury seeks to:
- Ensure effective control of and value for money in public spending
- Ensure stable and sustainable tax receipts to fund Government spending in the least distortive way
More information: SUMMER INTERNSHIPS IN PUBLIC SECTOR
More information: GRADUATE SCHEMES IN PUBLIC SECTOR