Work Placements - Banking
The following investment banks run an Easter programme. Some are unpaid others paid at c£400 per week. They involve a range of presentations by the business, work shadowing, networking, business games, and assessments. A few banks also run summer placements for first year students and a number advertise for campus ambassadors. Others run games or other events.
Be aware that the majority of banks ask you to complete online tests. You have to pass these before they even look at your application. Its critical therefore to gain some practice before you take them. Obtain practice papers and advice HERE
Banking: A - D
- Bank Of America Merrill Lynch Spring Insight week: Accelerate your career by participating in a pre-internship insight programme. By taking part in a week long insight programme during your first year of a three year degree, or second year of a four year degree, you have the opportunity to be fast-tracked and earn a place on their summer internship programme the following year. Learn more about Bank of America's assessment process and online tests HERE.
- Bank of England. These internships run for six weeks giving you the opportunity to support a team on a specific across all areas of the Bank, from procurement or HR to monetary policy and banking supervision.
- Barclays Spring Programme: there are a variety of programmes which include corporate banking, investment banking, wealth management, Technology, Finance, or operations. The week includes work shadowing, workshops, interactive skills sessions and networking opportunities. Find out more about how to prepare for the job assessment process for Barclays here.
- BNP Paribas Spring Insight: 1 week programme covering corporate and investment banking.
- Citi Women in finance: 3 days with exposure across all the banking business areas. Learn more about Citi's assessment process and online tests HERE.
- Citi Spring Program: 1 week programme in a specific business area. Learn more about Citi's assessment process and online tests HERE.
- Credit Suisse Spring Insight Programme: They run two 1-week programmes within Investment Banking (which includes fixed income and equities) and the support functions, which include finance, IT, and Investment Banking Operations. Learn more about Credit Suisse assessment process and online tests HERE.
- Deutsche Bank Campus Ambassador:. Paid role for second year student representing Deutsche bank on campus. Application in second term of first year.
- Deutsche Bank Spring Into Banking: 1 week programme in any of the following divisions: Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB): Corporate Finance, CIB: Markets, Finance, Group Technology & Operations, Human Resources and Risk. Learn more about Deutsche Bank assessment process and online tests HERE.
- Deutsche Bank One Week Introduction to Investment Banking. This is based in Birmingham and is 5 days introduction to Investment Banking. You will get exposure to global banking operations.
Banking: F - J
- FreshLook Banking: FreshLook is a profile-raising event specifically designed to introduce first-year female students to the wide range of careers in investment banking. Through informative presentations, panel discussions and informal networking, the event offers the chance to learn from professionals working at some of the world’s top investment banks. FreshLook is open to first-year female students from all degree disciplines. It is sponsored by BOA, Barclays, Citi, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley & UBS. You need to have 300+ UCAS points to attend the event.
- Goldman Sachs Spring Internship: They run one 2-week programme within the following divisions: Finance, Global Investment Research , Internal Audit , Investment Banking, Investment Management, Operations, Securities, Services and Technology. Find out more about how to prepare for the job assessment process of Goldman Sachs HERE.
- Getting Investment Banking: A networking event. Open to students looking for a summer internship next summer. This is an opportunity to learn more about a career in Global Banking and Markets, Global Private Banking and Global Asset Management.
- HSBC Spring Insight. 4-day event in London for 1st year students (or 2nd year students on a 4 year course). It offers an in-depth introduction to HSBC business areas across Global Banking and Markets.
- HSBC: First Year Summer Internship . This is in retail banking & wealth managment. Eight weeks comprising 2 rotations.
- ICAP Industry Insight: A one week programme in the summer to give you an insight into interdealer broking. Practice tailored psychometric tests similar to the ones used by ICAP HERE.
- JP Morgan Spring Week: 1 week programme within Investment Banking, Wealth Management and sales and trading. Practice tailored psychometric tests similar to the ones used by JP Morgan HERE.
- JP Morgan Portfolio Investment challenge. 6 week challenge where you buy and sell a range of securities using an online trading simulation.
- JP Morgan Code for Good: In this program, you’ll collaborate with other coders to develop innovative technology solutions for non-profit organizations.. Practice tailored psychometric tests similar to the ones used by JP Morgan HERE.
- JP Morgan Winning Women Undergraduate: events aimed at women as an introduction to investment banking. Practice tailored psychometric tests similar to the ones used by JP Morgan HERE.
- JP Morgan Winning Women Autumn Experience. hear from inspiring women and gain an overview of Asset Management, Investment Banking, Risk Management and Sales, Trading and Research.
Banking: M - U
- Macquarie Insight Programme. This five day programme will provide you with an insight into Macquarie's business groups, as well as where a career at Macquarie could take you. Included are business specific case studies and skills based workshops along with will be trading games and risk assessment activities.
- Morgan Stanley Spring Insight Programme: The Programme lasts for one week and will give you an overview of all recruiting divisions, including Investment Banking, Sales & Trading, Private Wealth Management, Investment Management, Credit, Finance, Operations, and Technology. Find out more about how to prepare for the job assessment process of Morgan Stanley HERE.
- Nomura Women’s Immersion Programme: 2 weeks in investment banking, global markets or corporate infrastructure aimed at female applicants.
- Nomura Insight Explore Programme: 3 days exposure to investment banking, Global markets and corporate infrastructure. Find out more about how to prepare for the job assessment process of Nomura HERE.
- RBC Capital Markets. They run 8-10 week summer programmes in London in Global Investment Banking, Global Markets, Risk Management, Operations, and Technology.
- RBS Group Spring Week: 1 week programmes in Markets and International Banking, Corporate Banking, M&IB Operations and M&IB operations. Also available in specilaist careers such as Business Services, Finance, HR, Risk and Audit. Available in London & Edinburgh.
- Rothschild. Their Spring Programme is centred in the Global Financial Advisory Division and will serve as an introduction to M&A, debt and restructuring and equity advisory businesses.
- Schroders. They offer a spring Insight day for you to explore the opportunities and possibilities within Investment Management and understand your career options.
- Swiss Re Internship: This is a 3-month summer internship available to undergraduates in your first year onwards.
- UBS Insights Programme: 1 week across all aspects of the investment banking. Learn more about UBS assessment process and online tests HERE.