Study, Work & Sponsorship Options
There are a number of university course options whereby you combine studying for a degree whilst working for a particular company or even get sponsored through university. If you know what career you wish to pursue, these are an attractive option as they provide funding for your degree, work experience, often an ongoing salary and a guaranteed graduate role at the end. If you are concerned about student debt this maybe an option you wish to consider. Also, you will find them less competitive at this early stage to get into to, compared to obtaining a gradute role with the same employer after your degree, when the competition will be alot tougher.
Take a look at the following:
Banking: Barclays Higher Apprenticeship Degree Programme
Barclays Higher Apprenticeship Degree Programme : they offer a Higher Apprenticeship in leadership and management. This is a 3 year programme and you will gain a BA in Leadership and magaement at the end. You require 200 UCAS points in A-Level or equivalent, in any subject, either achieved or predicted or a minimum of at least 18 months’ work experience. In your first year, alongside your university studies, you’ll take on a series of front-line roles in areas such as customer service or financial control. From here, you’ll move into an Assistant Management role, where you’ll get your first taste of leadership. By your third year, you’ll be ready to lead a team of up to 15 people.
Throughout the three years, you’ll study for a BA (Hons) in Management and Leadership – a qualification designed in partnership with the Lord Ashcroft International Business School. Barclays will provide 100% of the funding for your studies, and your tutors and academic mentors will provide support from start to finish. You’ll also complete a range of work placements, chosen to give you the broadest skills and experience possible
Banking: Lloyds Banking Group: Scholars Programme
The application process consists of an online application followed by online tests, a telephone interview and then an assessment centre.
Careers at Sea: Merchant Navy
- Officers: Navigations (deck), engineering and electro technical officers
- Ratings: support staff who assist officers
- Hotel & Catering, Hospitality & Support Services. On passenger ferries, cruise liners and super yachts.
You apply direct to the companies, who sponsor Trainee Officers for the duration of the training course. These include shipping companies, training organsations and scholarship organisations. For a list of sponsoring companies to apply to go to the sponsoring companies page. You can apply at any point throughout the year and there are usually two intakes a year, usually between August and January.
Civil Engineering: ICE Quest Scholarships
The scholarship is well known and respected within the civil engineering industry and offers great opportunities to top civil engineering students including:
- Financial support of £2,500 each year
- Paid work placements every summer
- Potential full time employment with a leading civil engineering or construction company after graduation
- Gaining knowledge and experience that will give you a head start in becoming a professionally qualified civil engineer
- Developing skills that enhance your career potential and CV
The following companies currently sponsor QUEST scholarships:
AECOM, Atkins, Balfour Beatty, BAM Nuttall, Buro Happold, Costain, EM Highway Services, Farrans Construction, Galliford Try, Graham, Interserve Construction, John Sisk & Son, Lagan Construction, Laing O’Rourke, Morgan Sindall, Morgan Sindall Professional Services, Mott MacDonald, Network Rail, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Peter Brett Associates, Skanska, Taylor Woodrow/VINCI Construction, Tony Gee & Partners, Topcon, WSP Group.
Every year some but not all of these companies sponsor scholarships. Applicants who are invited to the QUEST interview day are told which of the companies are offering sponsorship that year.
QUEST scholars are expected to work for a minimum of 8 weeks with their sponsor company each year during the summer holidays. Sponsor companies invest significant amounts of time, money and expertise in scholars, who are expected to join their sponsor company after graduation. Scholars who do not join their sponsor company may be required to return some of the sponsorship money.
Commercial: Airbus Undergraduate Apprenticeships
Airbus offers 2 commercial undergraduate apprenticeships focussed on either finance or business support and industrialisation. They are both 3 year sponsored degree programmes which combine academic study with on the job experience. The roles are based in Broughton, N Wales. They are available within Airbus, Airbus Helicopters and Airbus Defence and Space.
Finance: The finance apprenticeship leads to a degree equivalent accredition and professional accreditation with CIMA. You need 3 A levels at grade B or above and 6 GCSEs at grade C or above to apply.
Business Support & Industrialisation: You will work towards a BA in leadership and management as well as a professional qualification with ILM. You will work in various business areas such as industrial planning and lean management. To apply you require 2 A Levels at grade B or above and 6 GCSEs at grade C or above.
Construction: BAM Day-Release Trainee Scheme
Construction: Barrett Foundation Degree Programme
- Payment of tuition fees
- Tailored teaching to compliment workplace learning
- 4 x 1-week release from site for block teaching each year
- A Barratt mentor
- £competitive salaries plus additional incentives and generous benefits (including discounted house buying).
In order to qualify, you will typically need one A-level and four GCSE Grade C or above including Maths and English, or one of the following:
• BTEC national certificate or diploma in building, construction or civil engineering
• Advanced diploma in construction or built environment
• Other access or foundation course qualifications
Construction: Costain Sponsored Student
Costain offer a sponsored student prgramme. It includes a bursary payment for each academic year of study, support with your dissertation and a graduate offer pending good performance. They offer sponsored student placements – both summer placements and longer-term industrial placements as part of the Programme. The summer work placements last between 8-12 weeks. During your industrial placement period (6 -12 months), you’ll have a chance to work across a range of exciting projects across the UK. All placements are paid on a monthly basis and you may receive additional support for relocation.
Construction: Inspire Scholarship Scheme
The Inspire Scholarship Scheme is a scheme for undergraduates who wish to work in the contracting sector. Those that are successful are sponsored £1000 per annum for up to 3 years and can expect to work with their sponsoring employer every summer.
- Bornville Village Trust
- D-Drill Master Drillers
- Fox Ownby Ltd
- Grainger Building Services Ltd
- Morrison Facility Services
- Pegasus Facility Services
- Rafferty Chimneys Engineering Ltd
- Relmfield Builders Ltd
- Safe T Reach Access Platforms
- Sir Robert Alpine Ltd
- W.B. Simpsons (Midlands) Ltd
Construction: Kier Foundation Degree Programme
The programme is designed to develop your knowledge and skills in areas that will help you get the most out of your career with Kier. As well as construction specific modules, you'll work on building capabilities in communication, problem-solving, team working and project management.
Construction: Sir Robert McAlpine Sponsorship
Construction: Vinci Sponsorship
What they look for in students above and beyond your academic achievements, is a flexible, team-based approach and the ability to form strong links with a wide variety of people.
Credit Rating: Experian Sponsored Degree Programme
Experian is a credit rating company. You will study for a BA (Hons) degree in Management & Leadership at Nottingham Trent University. In addition you will get to work at Experian, a Global FTSE 100 company.
There are 15 vacancies on the programme.
- You’ll work for Experian as a full time salaried employee
- You’ll study for a full time honours degree with Nottingham Trent University
- You’ll work in a real job that could include Human Resources, Marketing, Sales or Operations
- You’ll gain work experience working for one of the UK’s largest companies
- Content of the degree will include the study of business-related modules over the three years
- Study will be completed through study blocks at the university and distance learning
- You will gain tuition assistance from the university and support from your employer
- 300 UCAS points (BBB or equivalent) or a BTEC National Diploma with Distinction Profile.
- At least a C-grade in both GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent).
- A Maths or science A level would be an advantage but not essential
Engineering: Airbus Undergraduate Apprenticeship
Engineering: BBC Engineering Sponsored Degree
The BBC has been leading this sponsored degree to deliver the best Engineering Talent into the BBC as well as across the UK Media Industry. They have worked with Creative Skillset and UK universities such as Birmingham City University to develop this BEng degree programme that has been designed by the industry. They have a steering group chaired by the University of Salford and made up of the BBC, ITV, Babcock, Atos, Arqiva, BT Media & Broadcast and International Association of Broadcast Manufacturers (IABM) – you will be working with the best in the industry. Jointly the steering group members ensure the scheme will continually deliver future talent for the industry.
About the Scheme
The scheme is managed and run by the BBC Academy with a dedicated Programme Manager and Coordinator. As part of this innovative Apprenticeship, you will study for an honours bachelor’s degree, with tailored courses in:
- Computer networks, networking and IP distribution
- Electrics, electronics, power and transmission
- Software programming, computer graphics and databases
- Audio and video signals and systems, processing and encoding
You will have a main BBC base, but you will spend periods away on study or work placements. Through a series of academic modules and industrial experience you will build the knowledge required a broadcast engineer. You’ll develop an excellent theoretical and practical understanding of operational and technical systems and equipment and their use in the fast-moving broadcasting industry. To start with you may be based in technical support teams, working on shift with teams responsible for fixing and maintaining studios and equipment. By the end of three years you may be working on projects.
What are the entry requirements?
- 300 UCAS points
- An A level (B grade or higher) or BTEC (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (i.e maths or another science) however, relevant experience may also be considered
- A passion to understand how things work and solving problems and you’ll need to have done something that demonstrates your interest in technology
- Broadcast Engineer
- Project Manager
- Junior TV Technologist
- Junior Radio Technologist
- Systems Specialist
- Editing Support Specialist
- On-Air Graphics Engineering Specialist
- Newsgathering Technologist
- Spectrum Planner
- Outside Broadcast Engineer
- Distribution Specialist
- Production Systems Engineer
- Junior API Platform Developer
- Database Systems Specialist
Engineering: Dyson Institute of Technology
In your first two years, you'll study general engineering modules. Assessment will be through exams and live Dyson projects. Across years three and four, you will have the option to specialise in either Mechanical Engineering, Electronics or a combination of Mechanical Engineering and Electronics. The assessment emphasis will then shift to more vocational assignments and projects. Your tuition fees will be entirely funded by Dyson - you'll graduate debt-free.
You will work at the Dyson Institute of Technology, as a Dyson engineer on projects with real responsibilities. You’ll learn about engineering through hands-on experience and work alongside a team of Dyson technology experts. You’ll earn a competitive salary over the four-year programme.
Dyson is a high-pressure environment, so they are looking for engineers with dedication and huge potential. You will need at least AAB at A Level or equivalent (340 UCAS points), including an A grade in both Mathematics and at least one other Science, Technology or Engineering-related subject.
Engineering: Institution of Engineering & Technology: Power Academy Scolarships
Who can apply?Students undertaking the relevant degree at either BEng or MEng level and are on course to achieve 2:1. You can be in any year of study when applying. If you are in your first year then your previous academic achievements will be taken into account.
Engineering: National Grid Engineering Trainee Programmes
National Grids' Engineering Trainee Progrmmes are three-year development programmes which benefit from a mix of practical work and academic study as you achieve a Foundation Degree. You can work and study towards a range on engineering degrees - including mechanical, electrical and power. You will earn as you learn, combining formal study at university as well as practical hands on wor. starting salaries are in the region of £24,000.
To apply you need at least 2 A Levels grades A*- C in maths, physics or engineering. Positions exist throughout the UK.
Engineering: Rolls Royce Sponsored Degree
You'll also take on placements in different areas of the company, which typically last six months each. These will give you vital skills in areas like forecasting, production planning, supply chain design and management, as well as the management and development of manufacturing, assembly and repair processes and resources. Rolls Royce is based in Derby.
All tuition fees as well as a salary will be paid by Rolls Royce. Application is directly with them not through UCAS.
You will need A Levels A* to B grades (achieved or expected), one of which to include Maths, Physics; and/or a Science/numerate subject plus any 1 other.
Engineering: UK Electronics Skills Foundation Scholarship Scheme
What makes a UKESF Scholarship different?
- Ability to apply to up to 4 leading Electronics companies through one application form
- Development of professional skills and employability training
- Chance to make a difference in the Electronics sector through educational activities
What are the benefits of a UKESF Scholarship?
- An annual bursary
- Paid summer work placements
- Mentorship from your sponsoring company
- A paid for place at residential UKESF Scholar Workshop
- Opportunities to network and build professional relationships
- Be registered on a MEng or BEng degree at one of our partner universities on a course with a significant Electronics element
- Qualify as a UK or EU student for your tuition fees, or are a British National, with a permanent right to work in the UK upon graduation
- Be in any year of degree except final year, with an overall average of 60%
Find out more and apply on the UKESF website.
Engineering:Jaguar Land Rover Sponsorship scheme
Food Manufacturing: Nestle Confectionary Degree Apprenticeship
Nestle offers a confectionary degree apprenticeship based in York. The apprenticeships are a mixture of studies and on the job training.
The Higher Apprenticeship programme reveals the secrets behind Nestlé’s world-renowned range of brands and puts you at the heart of creating the confectionery that we’ll be consuming in the future. Food manufacturing expertise is integral to this programme, and Nestle are committed to showing you how to create quality food products in a safe and efficient food manufacturing environment.
In partnership with the National Centre of Food Manufacturing, part of the University of Lincoln, your three year apprenticeship will be a blend of distance learning and block release. And what’s more Nestlé will pay 100% of your Apprenticeship training while providing an attractive rewards package.
- 2 A Levels (excluding General Studies) or equivalent qualifications — one A Level must be Maths or Science
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grades A*–C (including a B or above in Maths and English)
Missiles: MBDA Higher Business Trainee Programme
Professional Services: Cap Gemini
· demonstrable passion and capability in software development (e.g. you might have designed a website or a game)
· high analytical capability
· good oral and written communication
· good interpersonal skills
· ability to work well as part of a team
· ability and willingness to travel to different offices and client sites after your first 3 months. These include London, Birmingham and Liverpool.
Professional Services: EY Scholarship
How it works
The EY Scholarship lasts four years. It includes a paid 4 week Summer Placement in the practice after your first year at university, and a paid, year-long industrial placement at an EY office during year three. If you do well on your course and in the EY placements, you could be offered a full-time job when you graduate.
The EY Scholarship is open to students who have accepted an offer to study BSc Accounting & Finance at the following Universities:
- An offer of a place to study Accounting and Finance at one of the partner universities.
Professional Services: PWC Flying Start Degree Programmes
There are 3 universities that PWC have partnered with:
- Henley Business School at the University of Reading: four year BA (Hons) Accounting & Business (UCAS code NN41) degree
- Nottingham University Business School: BA honours in Accounting and Business
- Newcastle University: four-year BA (Honours) Business Accounting and Finance degree (UCAS Code NN14)
Property: CBRE Degree (level 6) Apprenticeship
CBRE are the world’s leading commercial real estate advisor. With over 300 offices in more than 30 countries, they have more consultants advising more customers than any other property firm. They offer a degree level apprenticeship which involves studying for a 4 year BSc Real Estate with the APC taken in the last two years.
Now in its fourth year, CBRE's Apprenticeship Programme is helping to bring fresh new talent into the commercial real estate market. The scheme offers an accredited route to becoming a fully qualified Chartered Surveyor.
Property: Cushman & Wakefield Chartered Surveyor (level 6) Degree Apprenticeship
Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms, with 43,000 employees in more than 60 countries. They offer a Level 6 Chartered Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship. This includes completing an undergraduate degree in Real Estate on a part time basis, whilst gaining real work experience. You will then take the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) through the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. As you train, you will take on various rotations across the business to build your practical experience. This could include regional or international.
You’ll need to have achieved, or be expecting, a minimum of three A2 levels at Grade C or higher, or their equivalent, or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a construction or property related discipline.
Property: Savills Apprenticeship
Savills UK is a leading global real estate service provider. The company employs over 30,000 staff and has 600 offices and associates worldwide, providing apprentices with excellent exposure to an international business.
Savills apprenticeship roles are available across the UK. The Programme lasts 5 years, and offers a permanent job contract. Working four full days in the office with the fifth day spent at University you will gain a foundation degree (during years one and two) and then a full undergraduate degree in Surveying (years 3-5). Savills work with The Chartered Surveyors Training Trust to offer Property apprenticeship opportunities accross the business.
Your university fees are paid by Savills and the starting salary is in the region of £15,000 per year.
Qualifications Required: You should preferably have 2 or 3 A Levels and preferably GCSEs should be with grades A-C in English, Maths and Science.
Retail: Morrisons Sponsored Degree Apprenticeship
Locations: Bradford,Colne (Lancashire), Wakefield (West Yorkshire), Spalding, Grimsby (Lincolnshire), Turriff (Aberdeenshire), Flaxby (North Yorkshire), Northwich, Winsford (Cheshire), Deeside (Flintshire) Thrapston, Rushden (Northamptonshire),Wigan, Worsley (Greater Manchester),Bridgwater (Somerset), Derby (Derbyshire)
The Management Trainee Programme. Morrisons are partnering with Bradford University to develop a programme that will allow you to work, earn and learn while studying at University (part-time) towards a BSc (Hons) in Management and Business. If you are applying for their Head Office programme you will need to live within a commutable distance of Bradford. If applying to the Manufacturing scheme, you could be based at any of their production sites, so you need to be within a commutable distance of one of those (see above locations). If you’re not local to Bradford they will put you up in halls at the University when on site studying. Programmes exist in:
- Supply Chain
To join the scheme you must be at least 18 and fresh out of school or ideally will have some work experience... probably up to or around two years' worth, and perhaps related to manufacturing, retail, business or management. You must be able to commit to at least three years working and learning, plus five days a week (on shifts in Manufacturing) and attending university once every six weeks. You should have 260 UCAS points or equivalent and at least C grades including GCSE Maths and English.
Retail: Nestle Fast Start Programme
Nestle are looking for ambitious and innovative school leavers who have a genuine interest in developing a career in the food and drink industry. You’ll need to have completed your A levels or equivalent within the last 2 years, with 300 UCAS points (minimum BBB grades) in three main subjects (predictions are also accepted), excluding General Studies and re-sits. Nestle will pay your course fees, as well as all your costs for accommodation, meals and travel while you’re studying in Sheffield. In addition Nestle will pay a regular salary (£16k for York and £17k for Gatwick) and a range of quality benefits.
Science: Unilever R&D Apprenticeships
Unilever offer 2 R&D higher apprenticeships. You will actively contribute to the creation of great innovative products for consumers around the world. The opportunities allow you to put your science education, passion and curiosity into practice whilst gaining a BSc or BEng. The Unilever R&D Higher Apprenticeship aims to provide a pipeline of talent for the future needs of the business through a combination of workplace learning and higher education.
1. Chemistry: This apprenticeship is 4 years in length and based in the Global R&D centre in Port Sunlight (Wirral). You’ll be part of a group of scientific and technical professionals whose innovations help millions of people look good, feel good and get more out of life.
- Research and develop some of the world’s leading Unilever home and personal care brands.
- Use your scientific or technical curiosity to improve how products work and appeal to consumers.
- Interact and work with people from all over the world.
Typically three grade ‘B’ passes at ‘A’-level in relevant subjects although offers are made on the basis of interview performance
- Level 4 certificate (HNC) in Chemistry
- SIP accredited Smart Higher Apprenticeship certificate
- BSc(Honours) in Chemistry (University of Liverpool)
2. R&D Refreshment: This offers you the opportunity to study for a BSc in Foods or Chemical Science and is 5 years in length. You will work at Unilever’s R&D site at Colworth to build and contribute to a number of brands including Lipton, PG Tips, Flora, Magnum, Cornetto and Dove. Over 600 scientists, technologists, legal professionals and support staff work at Colworth on a diverse range of activities.
Colworth is home to the Global Design Centre for Beverages and Ice Cream, Regional Deploy Centre for Beverages, Unilever Safety and Environmental Assurance Centre, Discover and Critical Functions Capabilities such as Information and Technology for R&D.
You need to have Sciences A-levels or equivalent at B grade or above (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and/or Maths).
You will be given one day per week during term-time to study; this can be used for a ‘day release’ method of study or as dedicated study for a distance learning programme.
Technology: Accenture Digital Technology Degree Apprenticeship
Accenture offer Digital Technology Degree Apprenticeships in both London and Warwick.
They currently have apprenticeship opportunities in Client Delivery and Operations, where they deliver the solutions, software and application development that helps make business and communication easier for customers.
You’ll be based in London or Warwick, take on a real job with salary to match, and get to work with ground-breaking technologies. By the end of your expert training, you’ll come away with a degree level qualification and all the experience you need to get your career off to a great start.
They have two routes to the Degree Apprenticeship. The Trailblazer IT Apprenticeship, which does not require any academic requirements, lasts for 4 years and leads to a BSc. in Digital & Technology Solutions. And, the Degree Apprenticeship, which lasts for 3 years, is open to candidates with ‘A’ levels or equivalent, and results in a BSc. in Digital & Technology Solutions. During these apprenticeships, you’ll be kept busy with a mix of on-the-job experience as well as structured training and courses.
Technology: EY Degree Apprenticeship in Digital Innovation
- Help to solve problems using a host of technologies and techniques that will impact on major companies and the rest of society – supporting technology for transport systems, methods of healthcare delivery, improving the supply chain for consumer goods, the future of banking
- Gain experience in opportunities such as designing and prototyping emerging technology solutions (eg developing web and mobile apps)
- Work collaboratively, directly with joint EY/client teams to solve their biggest business Technology problems – building opportunities for your future in Technology Consulting
EY will fund your tuition fees and you’ll receive a competitive salary from day one. You can also expect first class training and support throughout your role.
You will spend 20% of your time over 3 years studying towards a BSc Apprenticeship Degree in Digital Innovation. You will study with other Apprentices from leading Tech businesses at ADA college, the National College of Digital Skills. You will then build on these skills in teams with EY clients in between your block release sessions. Over the 3 years you can expect to experience web-based learning, shadowing senior colleagues and team members, and training courses with our in-house experts.
If you are currently at school/college, you must be completing 3 A levels, 5 Highers or equivalent qualifications, in advance of the programme start date in September.
If you are now working, you must have attained 3 A levels, 5 Highers or equivalent qualifications.
You don’t need to have any prior technical experience or qualifications – we are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a strong desire to learn.
Technology: Fujitsu Degree Apprenticeship Programme
The degree programme runs for 4 years and will provide you an opportunity to attend lectures at Winchester University whilst carrying out a role in Fujitsu. Towards the end of this degree you will have a period of specialisation with a dissertation and project to complete at work linked to business requirements. Each module you study will match up to the business area within Fujitsu that you will be working in, ensuring you are receiving work-based learning that is relevant to your course.
Technology: Goldman Sachs Technology Apprenticeships
ABOUT THE PROGRAMThis is an opportunity to earn a salary and degree while embarking on a career in financial services and technology. The ‘Degree Apprenticeship Program’ will allow you to complete an apprenticeship within Goldman Sachs’ Technology division while studying for a degree at Queen Mary University of London. After the four-year program, you will graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Digital and Technology Solutions, with the potential opportunity of a full time position with Goldman Sachs.
Queen Mary University of London is one of the UK’s leading research-focused higher education institutions. While studying for the Digital and Technology Solutions course, you will learn about new technologies and modern innovators, programming techniques and innovative software design. The placement within Goldman Sachs’ Technology division will allow you to apply these academic skills to ongoing real time software and engineering assignments.
Technology: GSK digital and Technology Degree Apprenticeship
GSK offer a digital and Technology degree apprenticeship. You will be working in the Core Business learning from industry experts, while studying for a Bachelors degree in the IT Management and Business area whilst earning a competitive salary.You will work in an R&D setting – either in the IT function or in Product Development and Supply. This apprenticeship will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in a number of areas. These might include:
- Analysing business processes
- Present ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Developing user requirements
- Testing applications in controlled, real situations before going live
- Developing and delivering training for users
- Overseeing system change controls
- Supporting internal audits and external regulatory inspections
- Produce detailed system specifications
- Write new software code and build applications
- Prepare training manuals for users
- Maintain the systems once they are up and running.
Entry requirements: To be eligible for the apprenticeship programme, you:
- must have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at A*-C grade including English language (not literature) and Maths, and an A*-C grade in a Science subject.
- must also have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 320 UCAS (2016 tariff) or 128 UCAS (2017 tariff) points from your top 3 A-Levels or equivalent, which must include a Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Physics), Engineering or Computer Science.
They are also looking for proactive, flexible and motivated people to join their IT team. You will need to be a strong communicator, be team orientated, and demonstrate an eagerness to learn and develop.
The Digital and Technology degree apprenticeships run for four years at either Stevenage or Ware sites. The apprenticeships based at Ware will also spend time at the Harlow site.
Technology: John Lewis IT Degree Apprenticeship
John Lewis is working with Queen Mary University London to deliver a level 6 IT Degree Apprenticeship.This four year programme offers you a permanent role on a structured programme combining ‘on the job’ work experience with studying for a full honours degree at a top London university. You will be studying towards a full BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions degree.
During the scheme, you will spend at least two days a week (term time only) at the Queen Mary University campus in Mile End, London. The remaining three days of the week will be spent working in one of the busy IT teams within the John Lewis head office in Victoria, central London.
You will be working in one of the following areas:
- IT Application Operations
- IT Infrastructure Operations
- Technical Design & Development Practice
- Testing & Environment Practice
What qualifications are required?
They are looking for a high achieving A’ Level (or equivalent) student, keen to follow a career in IT and predicted to achieve a minimum of 320 UCAS points in your A’ Levels (eg. A,B,B or equivalent not including General Studies).
Technology; CGI Sponsored Degree Programmes
The starting salary is £13,000 and your base office would be either Reading or Leatherhead for the duration of the programme. You would work within the Programme and Technical Services (PTS) division and will sit within the ‘Graduate Practice’. All tuition fees are covered by Logica. On graduation, you are committed to stay with CGI for a minimum of two years.
Application is via CGI.