EY is a global professional services firm. They offer A level students a number of prgrammes:
The Business Academy offers a weeks work experience for those students thinking about not going to university. It balances on-the-job experience with business skills sessions. They expect that some of the school leavers taking part in EY Business Academy will secure a place on the 2018 EY Business Apprenticeship. to be eligible to apply you must be in year 12/5th year completing 3 A levels, 5 Highers or equivalent qualifications.
EY also offer Discover programme aimed at year 11 students. This is a one-day experience that will explain the sector of professional services and its place in the world of business. To start an application to attend Discover EY – A Career in Business, you should currently be in Year 11 studying towards your GCSEs or equivalents. You will also be planning to continue your studies to complete 3 A-Levels or equivalent qualifications after you’ve completed your GCSEs.
EY also offer EY Smart Futures. which provides you an opportunity to have a great paid experience of work. A ten month programme, which starts with three weeks paid work experience in the summer.
- Currently in Year 12 (England) or Fifth Year (Scotland) at school
- Ambitious and motivated to join the world of work and have a career
- Looking for a great paid work experience this summer that will help you secure a job after school, or a place at university
- In receipt of free school meals, or the first in your immediate family to consider university
- Predicted 300 UCAS points (or equivalent)
- Have achieved a grade B or above in GCSE/a minimum of a Standard Grade 2 in Mathematics and English Language
Hymans Robertson is an independent consultancy offering actuarial, pensions, investmet nd risk advice. They programme is offered in London and Glasgow. They offer a week long work experience programme for A Level students.
Some or all of the following practice areas will be involved in the programme:
- Actuarial & Benefits
- Risk Modelling
- Third Party Administration
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
You will get involved in a mixture of presentations, interactive sessions, one-to-one learning and group work.
You will need:
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- A flexible and proactive attitude, and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- The ability and willingness to learn.
- Commitment to high standards.
Mckinsey&Company is a global strategy consulting firm. It offers a 2-day Leadership Academy for Year 12 students. This is held at Wellington College in Berkshire.
The Leadership Academy is for Year 12 students and offers the opportunity to meet other students, learn more about leadership, build practical work skills and learn about management consulting as a possible career option.
McKinsey are looking for students with an excellent track record of academic and other achievements who can demonstrate:
- Intellectual curiosity
- Personal initiative
The programme event is a two-day, all-expenses paid residential course in mid July, held at Wellington College in Berkshire. McKinsey & Company will take care of all travel, food and accommodation costs for students based in the UK and Ireland. The workshop will help you:
- Learn about leadership working in small teams in a fun, informal atmosphere.
- Build career skills with practical advice on handling tough interviews. They will also highlight experiences to seek out now and at university that could open doors for you in the future.
Following the workshop, you’ll become a part of the wider McKinsey network. In summer of the following year they hold a reunion where you can catch up and share progress with your fellow students from the workshop.
How to apply:
- Secure the support of a current teacher or tutor - They must be willing to provide a reference on your behalf.
- Fill in an application form.
- Compile an up-to-date CV and submit this with your application.
PWC is a global professional services firm. They offer a Business Insight Week for year 12 pupils interested in business.
The Business Insight Week would take place in your summer holidays between Years 12 and 13, with the opportunity to secure a Higher Apprenticeship with PWC once you’ve completed your A-Levels.
PWC also offer a career open day.
You'll spend a day in one of their offices across the UK, discovering what they do and who they do it for.
RSM ( formerly Baker Tilly) offers 3 month internship in areas such as audit, tax, accounting and IT. They also offer work shadowing for 1-2 weeks. You will gain hands-on experience, build a network of contacts and get advice from our expert mentors.They have 35 offices throughout the UK. You’ll need a minimum of Grade C in English Language and Maths GCSE and predicted 240 UCAS* to apply (or equivalent).